Sunday, April 26, 2015

C4T #4

Jonesy The Teacher

Comment:
Brendan,
My name is Jesse and I am a student at the University of South Alabama studying to be an elementary school teacher. I enjoyed reading your post! I remember in my 5th grade class the teacher would always take us out on Friday afternoons and let us play dodgeball. I don't remember it being violent or hurting anyone. The new game that you and your students came up with sounds really fun and I want to try it!

Thanks for sharing,
Jesse Reed

Summary:
In this post Brendan Jones talked about the stereotype that everyone has for dodgeball. He says that most people think that dodgeball is very dangerous and he said he could see where they are coming from. In response to this, he and his class created a newer version of the game of dodgeball. They would use soft volleyballs and you were out if you got hit below the waist, not above. If you hit someone above the shoulders were thrown out of the game. You could also be allowed bak into the game of you got out if one of your teammates hit the basketball backboard. I really liked the dodgeball that they came up with and I thought it was creative and safer way to play dodgeball.

Child playing dodgeball

No comments:

Post a Comment