Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Practice Blog Post


Outline:
I. Two paragraphs about myself
    a. Where I have lived: Bay Minette, AL
    b. Major Interests: traveling, shopping, piano, and spending time at my farm
    c. How I ended up at USA:
       1. I was at Auburn first, then made bad grades so I had to transfer to South
       2. I took a semester off and got a job before I started at South
   d. Information about my family:
       1. My is dad Jesse Myles Reed he is a contractor and owns his own business, Reed Construction                     Company
       2. My mom is Dee Ann Reed she taught until my little sister was born in 2001; she taught 5th grade
       3. My little sister, Andi Marie Reed, is 13
    e. Personal information:
       1. I am 20 years old
       2. I love visiting and spending time out at my grandparents
       3. I have a swim hole that was built for me by my grandfather when I was 2
II. Why I want to enter the field of education:
    a. I started with pharmacy at Auburn and was not happy with the classes
    b. I wanted to do education to begin with
    c. I moved to South and changed my major
    d. I have a love for younger children and kindergarten age is the age I want to teach
    e. High school and middle school age would not be enjoyable for me to teach
III. Brief description of what work entails in the 21st century:
    a. Need to be able to work with technology in the classroom
    b. Teacher need to also be able to answer all questions pertaining to technology when in the classroom
IV. My passion with a picture, song, or movie
    a. Add a picture of a map with saying "Not all who wander are lost"
    b. What I do best
       1. working with children
    c. What I want to get better at
       2. working with people

Blog:


    My name is Jesse Ann Reed and I am currently live in Bay Minette, AL. I am 20 years old. I have a lot of different interests, one being traveling. Every year my family goes to Cozumel and one other place, but I have never been to Europe and would love to go soon. I want to travel as much as I can before I settle down with a family. Another interest of mine is spending time at my grandparent's farm. I spent most of my time there when I was in preschool and both my parents were working. I love getting out there and helping with cows and horses. My grandfather built me a swim hole when I was 2 years old. It id fed by natural springs and stays freezing cold throughout the year. Also, I love to shop and play the piano. I ended up at South because I was at Auburn and did not make very good grades because I did not go to class and did not study very much. Moreover, my father pulled me out for a semester and I had to transfer to South. I happens to be the best thing I have done because now I am on the President's List and I am really enjoying my time here at South.
  My family is great and very supportive of whatever I want to do but they really feel that education is the best thing for me to do. My dad, Jesse Myles Reed, is a contractor and owns his own business, Reed Construction Company. My mom, Dee Ann Reed, taught for 15 years but quit when my little sister was born in 2001 and now she is a stay at home mom. It is great having her at home because is there whenever my sister or I need her. My little sister, Andi Marie Reed, is 13 years old and she is in the 7th grade at Baldwin County Middle School and is a cheerleader there. Both of my grandparents live here in Bay Minette and it is so great to have them so close to me.
  I want to enter the field of education because I really think that I would enjoy it and I have a passion for working with children and watching them grow. I started with pharmacy at Auburn and just really hated the classes I was taking and just was not going to class and studying. Moreover, to begin with I wanted to start with education when I first started college but I the only reason I wanted to do pharmacy was for the money. If there is anything that I have learned it is to not do anything for the money if I am not going to enjoy the career I will be doing every day of my life. So, when I moved to South I changed my major to education and have really enjoyed the classes I have taken so far pertaining to education. I really feel that I can be a good influence and teacher for the younger generation. Furthermore, Kindergarten is really the age that I want to teach. I feel that I have a creative mind and I love to color and decorating my classroom is going to be so fun!
   Teaching has really evolved over time especially with the incorporation of technology into the classroom. Technology in the classroom is essential in keeping the children up to date with outside world. Teachers should also be able to answer all questions that the children may have about the certain technological devices that are being used in the classroom and know how to use them. Children are really starting to use technology more and more at a younger age. I remember when I was younger that I did not even have a cell phone until I was in the 8th grade and did not have texting capabilities until 9th or 10th grade. My little sister, however, got a cell phone in the 5th grade and it was iPhone with texting. This example just demonstrates how children are using technology at younger age and are learning how to use them. Moreover, teachers need to be just as up-to-date with the technology as the children are.
    My passion is traveling and seeing the world and the different cultures. I want to go to all the tropical places before I settle down with a family and husband. Teaching English to children in a different country would be my "dream job". I really like to venture out and take road trips with the girls and see different parts of America. Here is picture that I really think sums up my passion:
"Not All Who Wander Are Lost" I really feel that working with kids is what I do best. Children have always loved me and I love them! On the other hand, working with older people is what I want to get better at. I am sort of shy and reserved but in the past few years I feel I have really come out of my shell and can communicate better.
Image of me and my sister andi

No comments:

Post a Comment